I have been working on this chili for about a year, researching different chili's. This is the chili i have come up with.
Wild Bacon Buffalo Chili
2 hours 30 minutes
13 per serving
- 2 pounds Buffalo, ground
- 1 small onion, sweet
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce can of tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce can of chili beans
- 1 ounce can of Tomatoes, Italian, crushed
- 1 ounce can of corn, cut and drained
- 2 ounces cans of black olives, sliced and drained
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, use all of the adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup Bacon bits, crumbled
- 2 pkg of chili seasonings, I use McCormick
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 quart Beef broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Brown the buffalo
In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the ground buffalo and heat over medium heat. Brown the buffalo. When done, drain on paper towels and set aside.
saute onion and add ingredients
In a stockpot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onions and garlic and heat over medium heat. Saute until onion is tender. Add the tomato paste and saute for 30 seconds. place the adobo sauce and chipotles in a food processor and puree and add it to the stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients, except the beans and seasonings, and heat over medium-high heat. When simmering, lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours. When done, add the beans and seasonings, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
When done, ladle chili into bowls and top with grated cheddar cheese and crushed cheddar cheese and sour cream flavored potato chips